Monday, July 13, 2009

Blog Guilt

What’s the use in having a blog, if you have guilt when you don’t post? Doesn’t that kinda defeat the purpose? Make it less of a hobby and more of a job?

I’ve recently started a new hobby. Mystery Shopping. Now I have 3 hobbies. Blogging, playing with my virtual money and shopping. Ugh, I’m starting to sound like a girl with all the shopping. I’m sure I can get around that somehow.

I like the mystery shopping. I love the one that lets me eat for free at one fast food place I like. Now if they’d only realize I spend more money at McDonald’s than anywhere else. (Something I found out from my virtual money games.) The coolest thing I’ve gotten so far is a poster print of Van Gough’s Starry night. Or Starry Night by Van Gose, if you’re Alexa. I also got a video game, but I’m not very good at the first one, so I don’t know how much better I’d be at the second. There are some other things that look promising, I just have to wait my turn. Free groceries being one of them. Sure, better if it was someplace I already shopped…

This weekend was a blur of mystery shopping. I had 4 jobs Friday. Discovered it’s not a good idea to read and drive, or you wind up in the wrong city. And waste a lot of gas and time. I also discovered I don’t care for Mansfield. I had 2 more jobs Saturday. I thought about picking another up for Sunday, but decided maybe they’d raise the commission if I waited a week. If not, oh well.

Taylar thought perhaps Santa Claus had come to visit yesterday. in reality, it was the upstairs neighbors thumping around, but it was a cute thought.

Last week, she decided my ring was upside down. Mommy, the broccoli goes dis way. And spun it around my finger.

Jasmyne has been perfecting her acrobatic routine. Twice last week she decided to try out her tumbling moves on the stairs. Fortunately, I was there to catch her both times.

Enough about me, what’s going on with you?

3 comments:

  1. I did mystery shopping for several years and LOVED it! So fun and they never know. Most of mine were highly positive experiences. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mystery shopping thing sounds cool. I would love to do that for Krispy Kreme--lol. Too bad we can't get paid to blog--that would solve the guilt thing. Hope all is well with you and the kids this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, cool! Hey, I've got blog guilt too--I just can't let a day go by. I have learned to not post on the weekends in the summer. Now if I can let the dropping and commenting go too. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me, tell me, tell me!